WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
•Sneakers; not sandals or loose fitting footwear
•Lunch, snack, and drinks (additional snack & drink if attending Night Owls)
•We do sell chips, cookies, and candies which range from 30¢ - 75¢, and our soda machine is 75¢
•NO PEANUT/TREE NUT PRODUCTS
•Refrigeration is not available
•Clearly LABEL all your child/children’s belongings with their full name
•Pack a change of clothes/bathing suit for water activities
•Apply sunblock to your child in the morning and pack sunblock for your child to reapply at lunch
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Our purpose is to provide an inexpensive, age –appropriate opportunity for all youth to experience indoor and outdoor activities, both passive and active with their peers, all while creating great memories and new friends. Below are several items that cause distractions and limit interaction. Any participant that needs to contact a parent or guardian may use the office phone. Note: If a participant is observed with any of the items below he or she can expect the staff to take the item; it will be held in the office until pick-up time.
Cellphones, I-Pods, Kindles or other electronics, Toys
•DRIVE THROUGH DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
•Drop-off 8:30-8:45 AM, Child must be checked into the office if arriving after 8:45am
•Pick-Up 3:15-3:30 PM
•Enter drive in front of the building by library entrance
•Please do not allow your child to exit the vehicle until a counselor approaches
•We will provide families with a dashboard place card and ask that parent/guardians have it visible on your dashboard for pick-up. Also, roll down your window and be ready to present your photo ID. No child will be released if a valid photo ID is not presented by an authorized dismissal person.
•Night Owls Pick-Up at the Office (after 3:30 PM)
•Days of the trips are typically Tuesday/Thursday but for some trips days may vary
•Recreation T-shirts are required for Field Trips & may be purchased in the office prior to the day of the trip. T-shirts will NOT be sold the morning of the trip as the staff needs to focus on coordinating the groups to board the bus.
Most Field trips will be back on time, however some trips are far away and traffic and travel times may vary.
•Refer to Trip Information sheet to make sure your child is here on time and properly prepared for each trip. Note: Lunch must be packed for all trips unless otherwise noted on permission slip. Lunch cannot be purchased on the trip.
Proper behavior in Recreation Department programs is expected at all times. If improper behavior cannot be corrected after the second occurrence, then parents will be notified that the child/children will have to be excused from the programs.
The Community Center and our play areas are being improved yearly. Please impress upon your child/children that he/she must treat all of our facilities with care and RESPECT. Our summer program is allowed to use the Community Center only as long as we take care of it.
FINANCIAL & REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
1. Registrations will continue until program is full.
2. Registrations are processed upon receipt of completed registration form and annual registration fee.
3. We now accept Visa, MasterCard, & Discover online and in-office. In-office we also accept cash, check, or money order. Checks should be made payable to “Pembroke Recreation”-please include phone number on checks, we cannot accept any temporary checks.
4. An automated e-mail will serve as confirmation when drop-off/mail-in registration or payments are processed.
5. The Recreation Department reserves that right to consolidate, postpone, or cancel a program/trip for any reasonable cause. We otherwise have a no refund policy unless the seat is filled by another participant.
6. A $10.00 late fee will be assessed to any “Weekly” activity not paid in full by the due date. A $20.00 late fee will be assessed to any “Session” activity not paid in full by the due date. Due dates are posted on the website and can be retrieved from the Recreation Office.
7. If you drop-off your child prior to 8:30 AM or pick-up after 3:30 PM you will be charged the Early Birds & Night Owl rate of $7.00 per hour with a one hour minimum. We extended the program an hour in 2014 to accommodate the large number of parents that just needed an addition 15-30 minutes on either end of the day. The safety of the children depends on keeping our ratios low and too many unexpected drop-offs and late pick-ups can jeopardize the ratios. The best way to know if you are early in the morning or late in the afternoon is if you must come in the building to drop-off or pick-up your child. If you are on time you will be able to utilize the drive up.
We hope that your child/children’s stay with us is enjoyable and rewarding.